(#56 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)
The odd Gaijin :3

Send a message via MSN to Kayci
09-11-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiuchimu View Post
^ It shouldn't be a Korean thread in the first place. This is Japanforum so beyond comparing size of kpop to Jpop, anything else should be taken to a Korean forum.

The Answer to the OP's question is Jpop is way bigger. Japan's music industry is second biggest in the world(U.S. is number one)

I don't remember Korean even in the top five. That's the bottom line.

Someone posted about 1000 people at the korean concert in L.A. I saw local news coverage of that. The audience was all Koean-Americans! There is a huge Korean population in America Vs a small Japanese population. Look at the size of Ktown Vs Jtown.
Well considering I attended the concert myself and was there to witness it...not. Most of them were Chinese-American, European-American, African-American, and Hmong-American. Not to mention other mixes.
I'm Euro-American myself

I only saw a few groups with Koreans, and its easy for me to tell who is who, based on what language they're conversing excitedly in.

Korean pop is getting bigger. Day by day. Japan may be ahead for now, but within a couple of years, Korean could be way on top.

Coffee prevents me from killing you.