View Single Post
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Mazikeen (Offline)
His Word In Stone

09-13-2010, 04:02 AM

As far as conspiracies go, the truth of them is that they are theory. In the Science community, theories are often worked out, disproven, and eventually the truth is realized. Other times we are presented with gems such as Newton's law of universal gravitation, and Newton's laws of motion. However, at this point in time, we can only speak of conjecture when we talk about a conspiracy surrounding 9/11. Perhaps one day in the future the truth will be revealed to us, but for now we must accept that 2977 people lost their lives that day, and that 6807 soldiers have died to keep the shores of multiple nations safe since then.

That's roughly 9784 people that have lost their goddamn lives due to the events orchestrated by Al-Qaeda leading up to the September 11th, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States of America. The burden is too much for me to accept sometimes, that 6807 soldiers have died to keep our civilization free from the tyranny of those who would act in the name of an absent god for their own benefit. That is what I find most regrettable about the September 11th attacks.

The fact that I have been unable to sleep without telling my family that I love them weighs heavily on me every day. It's all affected us in one way or another. We've lost dearly missed loved ones, or those close to us have, and nobody can deny that September 11th, 2001 hasn't shaken them in one way or another. And on September 11th, 2001 we honor those who have died by living our lives the best we can, and perhaps honoring them by taking a moment of your day to honor them in silence. I know that's what I did on September 11th, 2010. And I'm going to do the same tomorrow, next week, next month, next year, and the year after that.