View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

09-16-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiuchimu View Post
At one time I wanted to do Laido too. Kendo( one year when I was a kid) to me lost most of its focus-we never even touch a Katana. I heard the sword tip is much faster than any human hand or foot. The only Laindo place is too far away.

Muay Thai many years, trained under Malaipet. I'm bios toward Thai boxing. We have Kyokushinkai at Japanese community center. I like how they can throw a high roundhouse kick at close range-something we don't do in Muay Thai. But the lack of face contact and clinch work I think seriously limits the art, at least that's how it seems to me.

I found your post most interesting and high lighted some insightful parts. On the subject of 'fixed' movements. I think martial arts and virtually every skill is a form of 'fixed' movement or muscle memory.
Just a note, when i said not as effective, i wasn't comparing it to other arts, but from the original Karate that I know of. Again, i think they removed some of the more dangeours component, but comparing to other art, I don't know how effective it is, i attended some professional and semi-professional tournment, the results against other art is average