(#18 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

09-18-2010, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiuchimu View Post
^Godwin

Yeah I agree that TKD kicks look great but many don't translate into practical fighting. Three in mind are: Axe kick, Spinning round house, and hook kick.

1) Axe kick: to go way high like that waste time and leaves the guy really vulnerable. It can break the collar bone but so can a bare fist or elbow shot which are much faster and safer to apply.

2) Spinning roundhouse: I don't get this one at all, spin, then do a round house. Why? Spinning takes time and exposes ones back. then all you do is throw a roundhouse? A Muay Thai Roundhouse can break a Femur or Shin bone without a spin.

3) Hook Kick: There is just no power in the kick and its easy to counter-step right in and throw a cross. I would go for the spinning hook kick instead, Its dangerous to try but at least it can knock someone out if it lands.

TKD does have a few good kicks though. I like the spinning back kick. Lots of power and people actually get caught by it. I also like the TKD regular roundhouse to the head. It's of the snapping type so its pretty fast. Doesn't have the power of a Muay Thai round kick but a kick to the head doesn't have to be that powerful to knock someone out or make them confused.
I usually use round house and front kick. I agree with your assessment of the spinning round house, i never find it effective at all.. somewhat agree to the axe kick,but axe kick is actually one of my signature, and it did help me winning a couple of fight in the past.. hook kick are very very effective, i knock a few guys out with it.. hardly anyone just use it, most pepole usually use a step in to lead to the... it has the element of a suprise, which is why i find it useful... spinning hooks are good too, i find it on the slow side, but i use it too...