View Single Post
(#185 (permalink))
Old
yumyumtimtam (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-03-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbine View Post
Like often you see a soccer player trip over or something and he'll just sit on the field holding his foot going ToT, until the nice doctor comes to make it all better. But in rugby you often see them fall over or crack their heads on each other and be bleeding a lot, but they won't want to stop playing. The doctor sometimes has to come over and order them off the field!
Yes, that's right!
They're sometimes acting/pretending right?
Quote:
Yes I do! They're all in our attic, with the dollshouse that my grandpa made for my mum when she was a little girl.
attiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic???? oh you have an attic. How how how lovely!
To own an attic is one of my dream!
Quote:
えええ、そですか。日本でも、ゴミの言葉はよく換えるね(How about this?:いろいろなゴミの呼び方があるね)
*w*何かを学んだ (you meant you've learnt something (new)?how about this?新しいことを知った)

〜garbage = 生ゴミ
Quote:
I think your description of the four kinds is good. 燃やせないゴミ includes things like old electronic equipment too, right? And sharp things like broken china. We're not supposed to throw them away in the normal rubbish either.
Yes including electronic stuff.
I guess it's not a big problem for many of the people in UK, cos they have enough space like garages or gardens... here in Japan many of us have no spare space... so keeping rubbish and trash and all could be a big problem.
Quote:
My area is unusual, we have to separate all our rubbish too and my dad also makes a lot of compost for the garden, so we don't actually throw out all our vegetable scraps or tea-bags and things.
That's great! I'd love to have a good system for compost when I have got a house with garden. (Im thinking of buying one if I find a good deal, I want to use it as a backpacker's accommodation as well as for living and also for my students)
Quote:
So we have:
生ゴミ 
庭ゴミ (木の枝など)
定?ゴミ (煤塵や資源できないプラスチックやお手洗いゴ ミや服や段ボール箱)
資源ごみ (紙、あきカン、ペットボトルガラス瓶、)
If you want to recycle cardboard, batteries or clothes, you have to take them to a special collection site, and if you want to throw out electronics, you're supposed to take them yourself, or post them to the rubbish people to dispose of. If they're big, like a TV or a fridge, or furniture, you have to arrange for someone to come to your house to collect it.
Sounds very similar here.
To throw the big stuff, we have to pay for it in my parents place.
The other day they had to throw some table, I think they paid around 1000yen. I think the city collect all the big stuff and give it to someone who wants it and if they coudn't find any one then they probablly burn it.

Quote:
In my house, we try to be really careful and not buy anything we can't recycle, so we don't throw out much rubbish. It's important, because in our area we can't burn rubbish so it all has to be buried, but there's not much room.
Is it because for the environment? not to burn any rubbish?
Quote:
yyttさんのアパートは厳しいそう! We just put ours out once a week in the morning and leave it out for the b
in men or recycling people to collect. We only get each thing picked up once every two weeks though, so sometimes if we have a lot of recycling, we have to put it in the garage for a while. >_>;
そのアパートはもう出ましたよ。
他にも色々な昔から続く今の時代に合わないルールがあ ったよ。
問題も多かったんだ。多くの若い住人はそれを変えたい のに、声を上げないの。
みんなで話し合って助け合って、住みやすい環境をつく ろうと努力すれば
もっとそこに暮らすのが楽しくなるのにね。

じゃまたね~
いろいろ教えてくれてありがとう