View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
Robovie mR2 - 10-15-2010, 03:37 PM

Has anyone ever heard of this robot?

Looks like something that came outta a cartoon, doesn't it? Apparently, it was brought to life by these guys, known as ATR Robotics and Communication Laboratories. The robot's information source lies in its "heart" - an iPod Touch, and it camouflages "18 joints (3 in each eye, 3 in the head, 4 in each arm, 1 in the back), 18 servo motors, CCD sensor 3.4MP camera, two microphones and a mono speaker (2W)" within itself. The most distinguishing function it has is probably its artificial intelligence, which lets it commune with you, through gestures. Did I mention you can negotiate with it via WiFi or Bluetooth, as well? Other properties include it speaking the Japanese tongue, blinking and winking, and well, ya gotta admit it has that atrociously melting, cute dog's droopy-eye-look.

And finally, a video demonstrating some of its prowess:

For reference: AKIHABARANEWS

Disclaimer: I don't own it, neither do I have any real clue what other more pragmatic purposes (possibly an ideal spy, with all those cameras and microphones and how adorably harmless it seems, lol) it may serve. Except the quotations, I used mostly my own words to describe what I do know, so don't hesitate to correct me.

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 10-15-2010 at 04:08 PM.