(#995 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
10-28-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
be proud of your scottish inheritance. I too like to be thought of as English.

Much as I love scotland.

I still think of myself as English.

The thing is-- How can others detect what nationality anybody is until they speak to them?

we have many Europeans coming over here-- especially via the European Union. I could not identify any of them unless I spoke to them.

I see many foreign students in Brighton, they usually walk around in their own groups speaking in their own languages.

I cannot tell Asians apart at all. Last year I attended a Japanese festival held in Brighton. I went thinking it would be a great opportunity to speak with some Japanese people-- but almost everyone I approached was either chinese, or phillipinos, among others.

There were hardly any real Japanese folk there-- so I was very disappointed.

Japanese food a-plenty-- I wish that I could recognise a Japanese person when I see them. We have several Asians living in my small town-- but so far I have not come across a Japanese-- apart from my friend.

I wished to find someone to practice the language with-- but so far--No Luck.

I guess gaiijin must mean Foreigner and if people can't tell where the foreigner is from-- then it covers all.

PS MAYBE WE SHOULD ALL WEAR BADGES WITH FLAG OF OUR COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
I can usually tell the different between a Chinese person, a Japanese person and usually a Korean person. The south-East Asian countries are a little more difficult to tell apart, with all the borders being close, but I could take a guess and be right about 60% of the time. In my phrase book, foreigner translates as 'Gaikokujin', but I guess 'Gaijin' is the shortened form

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)