View Single Post
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

11-04-2010, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiuchimu View Post
^ My couch told me that long time ago, Muay Thai allowed groin kicks and headbutts too. The groin kick wasn't that effective in the ring because Thai boxers at that time( I don't know if they still do) used steel groin cups. These cups had ridged reinforcements. Full power kick to a cup like that would be painful for the kicker. you can still buy the steel cups but I doubt professionals use them. Why would anyone want one of those steel ones when there are the new high tech plastic ones that can disperse the shock.
Groin kicking in Muay Thai competition has been banned for about 100 years.

Head butts are a no no, also. Not like they're effective, anyway - they're only good for drawing blood, but do little damage past the surface, hence they're considered a nuisance in sport - they have to stop the fight for health reasons rather than because someone is more skilled.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…

Last edited by Tenchu : 11-04-2010 at 05:02 AM.