(#3 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

11-08-2010, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfil View Post
Hi all,

Wondering if some kind soul can help me....

We used to live in Japan for a few years, firstly in Ibaraki and then in Gunma. Wherever we went in Japan, my wife used to love buying a particular sweet from 7-11 (although I believe I've seen it at supermarkets and other kombinis)

Now that we don't live in Japan anymore, I had been hoping to surprise her by importing some, but I don't know the name of it and was helping someone would be kind enough to help me out.

These sweets come in a brown pack with gold lettering (from memory there were about 20-24 in a pack). They are long (about the length of a pen) and thick (about 2cms). They are quite light. I'm not 100% percent sure about what the ingredient inside is, it's very light and airy, but they are covered in chocolate.

Apologies for such a vague description, but if anyone could help me out, I would really really appreciate it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinRossTso View Post
Umm... the first thing comes to mind is pocky! Is that it?
Pocky sticks couldn't be 2-cm think by any rough estimate.

The only thing I can think of that would fit OP's description is Choco-Bo. A few companies manufacture similar products and they have their own names. The big 30-pack in the pic below is by Riska. The inside is basically puffed corn and is very light in weight and texture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg l8a.jpg (50.3 KB, 40 views)

Your Japanese proficiency shall be in direct proportion
to your true interest in the Japanese Mind.

Last edited by masaegu : 11-11-2010 at 06:13 AM.