View Single Post
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-15-2010, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missprincess View Post
first off it says alot about the kind of person you are calling someone u dont know at all egocentric and arrogant, how can u tell someone not to just judge by looks when ur judging someones character by a few lines the wrote on a website???

and you say im not confident because i mentioned ur character - well i could say the exact same about you, since youve said more about mine then ive even implied about urs

secondly im not the only person in the world who thinks some people are more attractive then others (your trying to tell me that youve never looked at someone and thought they were better looking then someone else?? if thats the case its just strange!) you call people like me arrogant i call people like you delusional, and however u take it in modern society people are obsessed with looks, turn on any entertainment channel or open any magazine the first thing they talk about his how fat/thin someone is, how badly/well dressed someone is etc etc, whether you think thats right or wrong is purely a matter of opinion you just have to accept that I dont agree with you and never will and that you dont agree with me and never will – so stop trying to shove your 'morals' down someone else’s throat

and for the record at no point did i say the guy shud 'upgrade' nor did i say everyone shud follow my views on whats attractive or not - stop putting words in my mouth
Obviously I was paraphrasing you. I think it's pretty accurate. I mean I've noticed how you havent set me straight on what you actually were supposed to be saying and am just saying that I'm "putting words in your mouth". If that's the case then set me straight? In which way is my paraphrasing of your previous point inaccurate?

And it is your character we're discussing so bringing up my character is irrelevant.. which I interpret as being not confident. I don't think it's a far fetched notion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missprincess View Post
oh and
''Suggesting that "smoking hot Korean guy" should get a more beautiful girl to be on his arm just because apparently she is not good looking enough for him''

does in noway imply that im materialistic, in the oxford english dictionary materialistic is defined as; ''excessively concerned with material possessions; money-oriented''
i think u need to get ur adjectives straight first
im really surprised i had to spell that out for you too
Haha.. you fail

materialistic - definition of materialistic by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Materialism (materialistic being the adjective)

1. Philosophy The theory that physical matter is the only reality and that everything, including thought, feeling, mind, and will, can be explained in terms of matter and physical phenomena.
2. The theory or attitude that physical well-being and worldly possessions constitute the greatest good and highest value in life.
3. A great or excessive regard for worldly concerns.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 11-15-2010 at 03:38 AM.