(#15 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
11-15-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by File0 View Post
Yes, I know that film, and absolutely love it, one of the bests, but what I've said still stands:
Translated Suntory Scene
Translated dialog from the hilarious Suntory Time whiskey commercial scene from the film Lost in Translation.
Jeez! Omg, you copied the whole thing from another page!!! You got me thinking you had actually managed to find that scene and had typed every word, translating the Japanese part and everything... and as I was reading I was feeling guilty for having you lose so much time over this thing! LOL thank God that's not how you got the transcription, I was really feeling very bad about it xDDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decimus
Furthermore, "No see" is grammatically incorrect anyway (the correct form should be "Do not see" or "Doesn't see". Or "Haven't seen" in order to approximate the meaning closer.), unless you are referring to the Holy See. (which is a noun.)
Then using no+noun when wanting to indicate its absence is also wrong. Like, no hurry, no worries, no problem... Would you say these are grammatically incorrect as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decimus
Especially the last one as you seem familiar with the Pythons.
Familiar with the Pythons? How'd you know that?!

Oh thanks for the links. I did take the time to check them out.

everything is relative and contradictory ~