View Single Post
(#14 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

11-17-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinRossTso View Post
(I'm pretty sure photography belongs in the art section!)

Okay, I'm sure that many of you love taking pictures, and also many of the camera brands are Japanese (I guess the Japanese love their cameras ;D!).

So I'm just wondering what's your favourite Japanese camera brand and why? (you can even tell us about your specific camera.)

It can be any camera, whether it is film or digital.

I'm going to start this off, I love my Pentax cameras (both film and digital).
Pentax made some really nice products, but I recently switch to Canon, only because they have one of the best cheap full frame camera. I currently shoot with a 5D MKII, and the quality is amazing, especially at high ISO. I think i have a love/hate thing going on with Canon though. You can't get a decent lens for a good price with Canon, its either you pay an arm/leg for a L series lens or you have to stick with something that produces sub-standard quality pictures. Non L lens that is sharp and clear is very rare with Canon

Nikon on the other hand, has great lens even if you don't go with its pro line, the issue i have with Nikon is that everything cost a fortune, and the interface is definitely not user friendly (just my personal subjective view).

5D MKII and the 24-105 F4L is my current favorite travel companion. We will be going to Japan again next June, hope to bring this baby with me to take some more shots