View Single Post
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

11-23-2010, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
FPS games are boring except for multiplayer. Single campaign games are usually very boring. The whole military thing was interesting in the first couple of Call of Duty games and the Modern Warfare reboot was good untill it got stupid in part 2 (Russia invading America? They hardly have the capability, not to mention they wouldn't invade over something like that). Halo and Killzone could have been good if Halo didn't have such a sh*t plotline and Killzone didn't have such annoyingly Gung-ho characters.

Anyway the king of FPS games for it's multiplayer is Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on Rush mode.

Puts all other FPS games to shame. Destructable environments, drivable vehicles and helicopters, squad based teamwork.
Agreed.

The first Halo's campaign was fun for me. It was great playing with friends. After that... it started to get dull. The Halo concept is respectable, there's a lot of work that's been put into the title... but somehow it doesn't seem to be as satisfying as it was designed to be. Though, their multiplayer aspect has always been a step above the story mode in terms of fun.

Bad Company 2 is a beast of an FPS -- particularly for those that can appreciate a higher level of realism. Destructable environments, unforgiving bullet physics, and vehicles: the three primary features that make for countless intense multi-player matches. Especially the bullet physics. It wards off a lot of the BOOM! heashot...! type-players, which is definitely good in my books. Don't forget Hardcore mode.

I like the CoD:MW series. Black Ops is annoyingly gimmicky, but MW2 before it was good, in my opinion. The customizable options (attachments, perks, equipment, gun camo) were fun to play around with.