(#38 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
11-25-2010, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
My experiences match yours. So much so that when I was approached by a Chinese guy on Halloween night, at first I thought I was misunderstanding the messages he was sending. Usually, unless they are either very "Americanized" or have consumed considerable amounts of alcohol, most Asian guys will not initiate a conversation with non-Asian women they don't know. I think some of it is shyness, but there is also a cultural aspect to it. They just don't approach women socially, unless they have been previously introduced by a mutual friend.
Haha, I love the alcohol bit; very true! Yeah, I think "cultural" is a much better word here than "racial". Maybe it's because Westerners behave much more distinctively different. But we get along with our Western friends just fine, in Singapore. Maybe it's not only the culture but the environment. I'd make a beeline for any attractive women, but I would not be so sure of myself in a foreign country.

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.