View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

11-28-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Well sorry if you didn't understand my reason to ask if this language is hard...
It's more for a personal reason and to help me to be ready by knowing that (OK some peoples may take me like a strange man but well...)

If I understood, I must learn Hiragana and Katakana first to be able to read "anything" and after the Kanji part...
Can you explain me fastly the difference between these 3 things?

If the pronounciation is easy, well it will help to better understand what peoples says to me... Because sometimes I have a bit difficult to pronounce some words in English (often because I want to speak too quickly or sometimes because I speak like I think lol)
I already heard some Japanese videos (especially Japanese TV shows) and that does not appear to me to be so difficult... but they often speaks quickly like in English...

Well, thanks for your first informations!
If it took you 4 years to get English, it will take you 6+ to get Japanese. I might even go so far as to say 8+.

French and English speakers can learn the other language quite quickly. Japanese is completely different in every way. Japanese is considered one of the most difficult languages for a native English speaker to learn. It's not exactly going to be easier for a native French speaker. There are even fewer similarities, seeing as how the vocabulary is even more dissimilar between Japanese and French.