View Single Post
(#30 (permalink))
Old
steven (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-01-2010, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
You mean "Last Christmas" by WHAM, right?
I don't know about you, but that's a staple of my Holiday Season Karaoke runs.

Just to add a little more paint to this picture, I've noticed that every year there seems to be more and more giant stockings prepacked full of what looks like junk food (like crackers, candy, & chips and stuff like that). When I mean giant, I mean like twice the size of what I used to get as a kid (not that I'm complaining).

And bELyVIS, that price sounds about right. I think for a cake that could feed about 5 people you'd be looking to spend about $50.

Fried chicken is definitely a huge part of Christmas here-- I remember going to the store last year and getting monster deals on food (I think I got like a sushi or sashimi platter for like $10 as well [yea, like a full blown family sized one]).

And the world doesn't revolve around Christmas here. People work on Christmas as usual. I wouldn't call it a 100% commercial holiday. I think if you're clever enough you can find meaning in being with your girlfriend or wife or with your family or friends (probably eating fried chicken). Not being religious, that's my personal meaning of Christmas and I'm quite thankful for that.