View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-01-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiki View Post
I feel there are plenty of games on ps3 for women andu children. Little big planet, sly cooper, oblivion, final fantasy plenty of people play those. There are others out there. Also I find it hard to classify things as boys or girls toys since they will never only appeal to one gender.
True, but I can't really define why but none of those games appeal to me. . . I've tried Final Fantasy, and one or two were quite good, but they just lacked a certain appeal and the heavy empthasis on 'tactics' and 'battles' made it a bit too heavy for my liking. It became a chore after a while to try and outrun some sort of giant monster whilst multi-tasking killing random villains in battles, and the storyline felt rather weak, their wasn't any attachment to the characters for me . . .

I think that's the thing with the PS3. There's games for the Wii like Fragile Dreams or Another Code where you get really into the story and characters, but I just didn't get that kind of feel from Final Fantasy. I haven't heard of Sly Cooper or Oblivion, so I'll check them out later, but Little Big Planet seemed way too aimless to me. There's plenty of extremely similar games to that on the Wii, PC and the Xbox. . . I just didn't see the point.

Well, that's my point of view anyways, I'm not a huge gamer so my opinion probaly doesn't count for much anyway, lol