View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-03-2010, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natoshin View Post
Im exactly 15 but Im planning on going to japan as a Summer Vacation with a very good friend of mine thats 21.I already thought of the places I would book hotels with my friend at and that places I would visit. But the process of getting a passport,visitor visa and such and what I would need...kinda troubles me at that point...I can financially support myself alone but you need to be of a certain age i believe to book hotels so thats reason for my friend...anyhow I just need to know how to get a passport:I checked around on google but I want to hear a more clearer explanation by you guys same goes for tourist visa which allows for what was it 90 days I think o.o.So yea basically im asking mind giving me a detailed and good explanation for how to get passport,visitor visa and such so I can be better prepared for this summer unless something pops up and Im pushed away for having a vacation there.
As an American you can get the visa when you land in Japan for 90 days. There isn't anything you need to do in advance.

Getting a passport is easier than getting a driver's license, and I am not sure what you need that isn't easily available on hundreds of websites already.

USPS - Passport Application Information

Is this 21 year old going to be staying with you in all these hotels? Most hotels are not going to let a kid stay there alone without an adult around. Who is letting you go to Japan all on your own?