Thread: Ask the girls
View Single Post
(#67 (permalink))
Old
KyokoUK (Offline)
Loving KuranUSA

Send a message via MSN to KyokoUK Send a message via Yahoo to KyokoUK Send a message via Skype™ to KyokoUK
12-04-2010, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
oh thanks MM-- I had no idea really. I wonder why many men do lose their hair. If we women also lost our hair we would feel awful I think.
Men lose their hair due to a gene passed through the mother's line. It affects men because the testosterone turns that gene on and therefore lose that centre portion of their hair we know as reflecting "male pattern baldness." Women usually are not affected with it, even though they are the ones who pass the gene on, because of the high estrogen levels and low testosterone levels in our bodies. Sometimes you will find woman with heightened testosterone levels and they, too, will lose their hair in the same pattern as the men. I have read that 1/3 of women suffer from some level of hair loss but its not noticed in public as women wear well made wigs. I don't know where to qualify that figure but I got it from a wig site. Oh well, I learned most of this from a genetics class back in uni.

I Defied My Brain And Learned For Myself That Wheelchairs Are Not Always Forever...Music Was A Large Part Of My Healing...Let Music Heal Your Soul.