View Single Post
(#34 (permalink))
Old
missprincess (Offline)
Bonnie lass from England

12-13-2010, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
why do you say that. I am very sorry to hear what happened with your dad.

I can't give a reason of course. I hope your dad is alright now.

Also its worrying re strokes. we are told that instant treatment is necessary. I suspect it often is lack of staff and even equipment. or even beds.

There often can be so many patients that it must be so difficult to cope with them all as swiftly as they really need.

Nurses and doctors are humans just like us. If a nurse is overworked having to cover staff that are not there they must be under a lot of stress.

You would need to speak to nurses or doctors to maybe see it from their viewpoint.

when it is our loved one it is hard to deal with when we don't know what is going on.

from what I hear, since there have been changes for junior doctors-- who used to work terribly long hours-- they now work less hours-- which seems to mean that in emergencies there are not enough doctors to deal with everything.

Also maybe it depends what area you live in-- whether there is extra demand for hospital treatment in some areas. after all we have a lot of immigrants and their families.

when I take my animals to the vet I do get good attention-- but I also have to pay for that treatment. we tend to take so much for granted.
sorry im replying late, my dad is better now thank GOD,
thanks alot for asking
but whilst we were at the hospital i remember the man across the bed from my father was shivering so severly from a fever that his bed was physically shaking and the nurse was literally standing infront of him and ignoring him, so the man on the bed next door (who had had an operation) stood up with his IV still attached and went and got an extra blanket - and me and the him both covered this poor man (btw the nurse was totally ignoring us this whole time), so we went and spoke to 3 different nurses outside of the ward before they gave him proper medical attention
seeing things like that really P'ss me off! no matter how tierd or busy u are, things like that shud never be ignored, they woudlnt do that to their own family members so why do it to someone elses?

Don't make someone a priority....... if your nothing more than an option to them

How can the world end at 2012 when my yogurt expires in 2013?

Last edited by missprincess : 12-13-2010 at 03:25 AM.