(#54 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
12-13-2010, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
wow that's intense, do you think your parents might be a tad more conservative or old fashioned than most others these days?
and wouldn't being a mixed kid be a bonus in today's society?
I am, and have the entire time, been talking about peers of the same age. I have not had any issues with my husband`s parents.
I am talking about FRIENDS we had. People in their early 20s at the time. Progressive university students - not conservative and old fashioned older people.

I think you missed that.

Having or being a mixed child is not a bonus in today`s society. Try talking to real mixed children who grew up in Japan, or to parents raising them.
Having someone say "Aww! So cute!!" or "Halfs are so hot!" is not improving quality of life.

Quote:
I can perfectly imagine a kid proudly saying "My hair isn't black 'cuz my daddy is white!" and everyone else going "いいなぁ~" (jealous) you know?
OR... try more like 「だから馬鹿なんだぁ~ 納得~ ちゃんと日本語分か らないのか~? うぜぇー」
Kids don`t say いいなぁ~ - they get jealous in a negative way because of the additional attention. You think a boy or girl who is half and maybe thought to be getting some extra attention from the opposite sex is going to be popular with their peers?

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.

Last edited by Nyororin : 12-13-2010 at 07:31 AM.