View Single Post
(#56 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

12-13-2010, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
I am, and have the entire time, been talking about peers of the same age. I have not had any issues with my husband`s parents.
I am talking about FRIENDS we had. People in their early 20s at the time. Progressive university students - not conservative and old fashioned older people.

I think you missed that.

Having or being a mixed child is not a bonus in today`s society. Try talking to real mixed children who grew up in Japan, or to parents raising them.
Having someone say "Aww! So cute!!" or "Halfs are so hot!" is not improving quality of life.
You're right, I did miss that part.

what you say honestly comes as a surprise to me, it's saddening and I really hope yours is an isolated case, if not at least a minority case.

I have a few friends that are married to japanese people, but haven't heard of anything like this before.

did the criticism continue after the marriage, was it only before and leading up to it? or has it persisted since?

part of what shocks me is that japanese people would even voice an opinion like that let alone have it, I practically have to wrestle opinions out of my friends if they are in any way negative

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.