(#8 (permalink))
Old
Niikura91 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Niikura91
12-19-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Just curious, why did you choose water as a character for a tattoo? It makes me think of 水商売.

I will reserve my opinion of sentences or song lyrics in Japanese as tattoos, but at the very least I wouldn't get it written in a different style that the one you already have.
Actually, the answer is both very simple and quite complex at the same time, because for me it's somewhat hard to put the feelings into words.
It's been a nickname (mizu) following me for a very long time, ever since I was a little girl. I grew up by the sea in a small port city and have always been fond of water and it's cousins; ice and snow. I always felt more at ease by water or sea. In many ways, I feel the element completes me and defines my character, so eventually I decided to honor that part of myself through the tattoo and the kanji. It's really very simple, while at the same time defines the complexity that is my character at the same time. Understandable to some, yet incomprehensible to others. My fondness of kanji and Japanese speaks for itself through it.