View Single Post
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-22-2010, 09:00 AM

You don't need to win the lottery or be rich to move to and live in Japan. Many of the foreigners I know living here certainly don't have much money.

To move to Japan you need only a couple of things; a visa, and a plane ticket. The visa can be a WHV, SHIS/work visa, or spouse visa, any of the three will at least get you in the door. Work is not hard to find, and is likely easier to find in Japan than in most other countries at the moment.

Getting the visa can be tricky, but where there is a will there is a way.

As for the plane ticket, you can earn enough to buy one by working at McDonald's for a couple of months.

When I was planning to I've to Japan the first thing I did was to find an employer. Once that was taken care of it was easy to get a visa. During the interview and paperwork processes I worked hard at my job in America and save my money. When it was time for me to go, I had enough money for a ticket and month-to-month expenses until I began getting paid from my Japanese employer.

The process was not exactly easy, but I wasn't rich, and I certainly didn't have to win the lottery. I wanted to move to Japan, so I did what I had to do to accomplish my desire.