View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
hibarirei (Offline)
New to JF

Japan College help? - 12-24-2010, 01:13 AM

I'm currently a high school senior and I'm thinking seriously about attending college in Japan.
I've narrowed my choices down to four colleges, two in Japan, two in the US.
As for my Japan colleges, I've chosen ICU (International Christian University) and APU (Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University).

Both are very different from each other, to be honest.
APU is far more international, with an emphasis on learning languages and other cultures. Academically, it has a lot of what I'm looking for and would probably be the easiest to study at. It's also located in "country", more specifically, Beppu.

ICU on the other hand is in Mitaka, Tokyo. It doesn't quite have the majors I would like, but nonetheless, I'd become fluent in Japanese studying there and I could always pursue an education major.

Anyways, I was mostly wondering about the application process (because that's what I'm in the middle of now).
For APU, it's relatively straightforward, but for ICU, it's a lot more complex because the school itself is a bit more focused upon Japanese students.
Do you guys have any suggestions as for living options? Since ICU is in Tokyo, would you suggest studying there any more than Beppu? I think I'd make it work no matter which I choose, but hearing from people who live in Japan would probably help me choose one over the other.

If you guys just have other things to mention about either college, please share! I'll take it all into account.