View Single Post
(#48 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-11-2011, 06:15 AM

When they kicked the UN inspectors out, that gave the US full authorization to invade. I have no idea why they used the WMD byline anyway, it wasn't needed legally, though they did actually find several types of WMD's.

They had barrels of strictnine, enough to kill everyone in the state of NewYork, plus various older WMD types like mustard gas. For some reason the UN stop listing mustard gas as "WMD's", don't ask me why, I have no idea why the UN would suddenly classify WMD's as suddenly non WMD's when we found them.

They also found the remains of the specific nerve agent they went in for, unfortuanely they had cleaned out the chem trucks with the only known reactant to destroy that particular nerve agent. So they destroyed the "smokeing gun". Guess that's a win anyway even if we didn't "find" it, Iraq destroyed it.

I would pit the professionalism of American troops against anyone in the world, doesn't bother me any. Perhaps a stable Iraq was the real threat to American interests and the destablization was done to inhance our influence in the region. Iraq get's their weapons from us now, so guess who will probaly have "trainers" with quick response bases in the region for the next 50 years?

Doesn't Iran, the country we are really interested in keeping tabs on, border Iraq?. Nothing the US does is without reason, they have long term goals that include viable energy sources and no direct challange to thier naval power, amoung other things.

If you doubt the US, the only country to actually use nukes on someone else. Isn't capable, or willing to reduce an enemy country to a smokeing ruin, why make claims of them being all big and bad, if you yourself doubt they really are?

My point was that every one knows what the US could do if they were really pushed hard enough, so no one really pushes that hard. Terrorist or otherwise.