View Single Post
(#49 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-11-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
They kicked the UN inspectors out, that was all we needed to legally go in and finish the job. We weren't agressors, we were carrying out international law via the armistace treaty Iraq signed in 91.

Wikileaks doesn't prove anything other than this. American troops are highly trained professionals who get the job done. I'm not going to apologize for them doing what they were told to do and doing it well. Were there cases of mistreatment, yes, there were, and those responsible were punished. However, overall the American armed forces behaved very honorably, considering how devious and treacherous the enemy was.

The US bends over backwards to try and prevent civilan losses now, and the enemy knows it, so they deliberately try to intiate contact that results in dead civilans. Believe me, if the US really wanted to, Iraq and Afaganistan would be nothing but glass parking lots..so all this talk about how horrible the US is, is just talk.

GEORGE BUSH could not wait to go in there-- supposedly to topple Saddam Hussein. where was Bin Laden in this? How many civilians died or were injured and lost their homes> I hated that Britain was involved because of all the damned lies about WMD. Blair took us in despite many protests here in Britain.

I remember seeing a discussion on american tv where the general interviews with leaders and a few of the general public had a discussion I wish I could recall one of those MEn who was oh so eager to go in there-- He was a very nasty man indeed-- Not sure if he was a politician or not-- but he really was a true warmonger and racist.