View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-12-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
I never said to contact the schools which have contracts with interac, just to contact schools directly to try and cut out the middleman, which in this case does nothing more than take his cut and then some.

Public and private schools do in fact both hire "off the street" if someone walks in with a resume and leaves it there. (seen it happen)
Public school teachers are hired by the prefectural government, not by the school themselves. This is why you will see the rather bizarre practice of having teachers change schools every three years. The schools will hire non-teaching staff, handymen, secretaries, etc.

I know it happens at private schools, but there are many private schools and juku or eki-mae English schools that will not hire off the street, and only recruit overseas. It partially depends on the applicant's visa status.

I am not trying to be contradictory, but am just pointing out if you don't have something besides a tourist visa, dropping off resumes may be an exercise in frustration.