View Single Post
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
02-13-2011, 09:50 AM

I`m not the mod who closed it, but I would have at least stepped in and given a warning.

Not because it was bashing - but more because it had descended into nothing but bashing and was really totally OFF TOPIC.

If someone cannot tell the difference between threads where there are negative opinions aired about some aspect of a country/nationality/etc and a thread that isn`t even about that nationality to begin with which has been derailed into nothing but negativity... Well, perhaps you should hone your reading and comprehension skills a bit.

The thread was about immigrants. The last pages were of nothing but "Americans suck".
Talk of American opinions, treatment, policy, etc in regard to immigrants would have been fine. Just as other threads that feature opinions about aspects of other countries / nationalities are left alone. I don`t see any threads that just go on and on saying how every *insert nationality* is an idiot, or how their country is awful, etc, being left up. At the very least, none that I have noticed.
Please, point them out to me. And no, any question about a negative or possible negative aspect of a country does not count as "bashing".

"Immigrant" is not a nationality, nor is it a race. People clearly have a lot of conflicting opinions about them. The thread COULD have gone down the path of actually trying to change these opinions, learn more about their reasons, etc... But instead chose to dive right into the depths of "Americans suck!". It ceased to be a discussion of opinions, and turned into nothing more than a childish insult fest.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.