View Single Post
(#23 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-20-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by termogard View Post
Looks out like it was somewhere in Middle East country, not on british soil......are there really plenty of asians in the UK?
The UK is very multi-cultural, especially in the cities and larger towns. The majority of immigrants here seem to be Indian/Pakistani, and in the larger areas it seems to be that you have an area or part of the town where they will live, so you basically have a commuinity within a commuinity. In my town its a huge section, right in the town centre, but we rarely ever get any hassle . . . the hassle we do get seems to be from caucasian people activiely going into that area looking for trouble, not from the asian commuinity itself.

In response to the original post . . . I don't think any form of racism is tolerated, but because caucasian people outnumber any other race/culture in most western countries racism towards them is at a mininum. It seems to me racism in any culture is aimed at the minority and rarely at the majority. That isn't to say it doesn't exist, I've experienced it myself first-hand, although nowhere near as bad as other examples given within the thread, but I just don't think it's anywhere near as bad a problem as what the minority get, which is why its so rarely talked about. I mean I doubt an asian person gets much hassle in an asian country, or a meditaranian person much hassle in the meditaranian . . . same principle really, it seems that the minority generally get more racism than the majority else does.

Last edited by RobinMask : 02-20-2011 at 02:33 PM.