View Single Post
(#459 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

02-24-2011, 12:13 PM

I have lived 10 years in tokyo area, including Saitama pref. and now Chiba. Experienced both life in the middle of Tokyo (2 years in Minato ku) and other areas, more remote like Urawa etc. I agree with Gloobey nearly 100% and i am not sure if that was said but their working ethics (if any) and the way they conduct themselves while working (i have 7 years of experience in various japanese companies, big and small) is so retarded that i would not know where to begin.

On the other hand, as many others have pointed out, outside Tokyo metropolitan area people tend to be different and I hope that with nowaday's info exchange rate (virtually instat and global) the situation will improve.

The only people I have met that I find remarkable and unique are those whom i study calligraphy with and mind you, most of them are over 60. For them the only thing that counts is love for sho (calligraphy) and that's it. I have a great respect for them.

I have no Japanese friends of my age (36) and it is very unlikely that I will find any.

The paradox of Japan (imho) is that life here is great (except when you have to deal with inbred retards) and if you are able to support your living by means of private business or any other way (so you dfont have to work with them) I think it is a fantastic place to live. Though I must say that their as-per-manual life and maniacally mindless application of this "rule" can get under your skin really deep and piss the hell out of the most saint Buddhist monk in mushin (無心) state.

As to the girls (of course I bet there are exceptions) I cannot understand how one could date them. I find them most materialistic, boring, weak, passive and non-assertive women (if they in fact are women, as most of them try to look so cute that its painful) on Earth. They nice all right, cute all right, but for me a woman needs to have a golden heart in 50% and the rest of her needs to be a tough bitch, or else it is just dull. I could not build relationship based on "walking around a touchy subject, because it is better not to talk about it". If there is no fire I fall asleep.

edit:
oh, and one more thing that sucks: they have no doughnuts with jam inside, instead there is a disgusting bean paste. I mean...seriously...

Last edited by ryuurui : 02-24-2011 at 12:30 PM.