View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

02-24-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimeChan13 View Post
I have heard a lot about Japanese climate, but none of it goes together. I suppose there are several different islands on which the weather would be different. I have also heard that there are earthquakes very frequently in Japan. After asking someone who has been there personally, I learned that the earthquakes do not effect all of the islands so much. Uh, this confused me a bit. I read a bok on Japan that said there are anore than a thousand earthquakes in Japan per year. Is this true? That's more than three a day. Also, can anyone tell me something very accurate about the weather patterns in Japan. I hope to go there one day and I want to be prepared, and comfortable.
Holy crap that's an involved question...

Hokkaido is cold
Okinawa is hot
Honshu and it's immediately adjacent islands are in the middle
Most of Japan has a spring that ends with a rainy season and then morphs into a humid hot summer and dries up for hay fever season with autumn and then depending on the place, no snow, to a speck to grab your snowboard and ride out the next few months!

99.9% of those 1000 earthquakes are undetectable to most people, I feel incredibly slight tremors about once a week, but I'm not always sure that's what they are, they could just be indigestion or a freight truck passing by, or the wind if I'm at work in the tall building.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.