Thread: Tale of Storys.
View Single Post
(#649 (permalink))
Old
SweetSuicide (Offline)
\m/ Rock hard love harder

Send a message via AIM to SweetSuicide Send a message via Skype™ to SweetSuicide
02-24-2011, 08:22 PM

“Kamikaze!" I call to him. I stopped Flearin. He must have fallen asleep during my song. His eyes looked up at me. For once, I didn’t see any pain in them. They looked very peaceful. Is that what Swift had meant when I was to ease his cries? Kamikaze became more aware of what was going on so I continued. "Your sakkat has fallen off, go grab it, I'll wait here.” He hopped off and when he did it shook me a little and I felt something swing down and hit my thigh.

“The string I had on Mother's flute... broke?" I grabbed the flute before it fell any farther. Aisha told me this string wouldn’t break. Ever. Unless but she never finished telling me what that unless was. I played with the flute in my hands until Kamikaze returned. He had a troubled expression in his face but I didn’t want to press it because as soon as he had climbed back on Flearin, his expression changed and became peaceful again. I leaned down and told Flearin to go and off we went again.

We ran for about another hour or so until we got to Asgard. Flearin stopped. I looked up. I was in total shock with what laid before me. There was nothing left of the city, except for the castle. The whole town was burned down to the ground. I hopped off Flearin and took a few steps forward. I started to cry a little. Too late.. We’re too late.. I looked around. There was nothing left. Not one thing. I felt Kamikaze walk up next to me so I quickly wiped my tears away.

“We’re too late. There’s no one here.” I’m almost positive he could hear the shaking in my voice.

“There’s still the castle.” His voice tried to have any hope that I had lost. I looked up to the castle. It stood there in the distance. Looking not harmed at all. That gave me a tiny spark of hope. Maybe there were some survivors after all. I’m sure the castle would have enough food and water to last a few hundred people a few weeks until help came. Maybe Kamikaze and I could be that help. I started to run without even thinking of what dangers could be waiting for us in the castle.

As I ran I started to notice that the ground was stained red. The grounds out here in Asgard were never red, but always a dark brown. I had traveled through the woods of Asgard many times to know this. The red must be blood.. there must have been a great battle here then.. I tried not to think of all the innocent people who might have been killed as I kept running up to the castle. As Kamikaze and I approached the castle’s moat I stopped short. I couldn’t go on. There, laying in the moat, were bodies of men, women, children. All dismembered and destroyed. The water was blood and not water any more. I knew that there was going to be no one alive in the castle after that sight. I turned to Kamikaze.

“Do you want to go in? This just proves that we have come all this way for no reason.” I hung my head and said a prayer for all the bodies that laid before us. I felt his hand slip on top of my hand. I looked up at him.

“We have to go in. That is what we came here for. To see the King. We have to go in. What if he is still alive? What if he is just too much of a coward to come out because he knows he failed as a leader?” I don’t know where this new found confidence had come from but I was renewed again and we found the bridge to cross into the castle. There wasn’t much of a bridge left. It was about three planks of wood barely held together. I was about to go forward, but Kamikaze stopped me.

“Let me go first. I cannot die and I can find the strong points so you can cross easily.” I stepped back and let Kamikaze go across first. He moves so quickly and gracefully. It’s like he doesn’t even touch the wood as he went across. He turned back to me. “Okay, you’re turn.” I took one step….

Life goes on.
But I'm gone.
Cause I'll die without you.
</3