(#68 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

02-25-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
There are other reasons. Basically,

- All my family and friends are in this city.
- I've almost finished my degree. Just one more year.
- I'm female. Going out onto the streets in the North of England with £50 is not at all wise if I want to still be living at the end of this.
- I can't get financial help, or even a loan for Uni without a fixed address. I can't raise £6,000 in 6 months. I wouldn't be able to make that at any normal job working part time.
- It's bad, but not so bad I want to risk my entire life for it. I guess we are just different and I have to think about things more before I take off with £50 - it's less safe for me to do that than it is to be here, somewhat - it may not have been for you.

Bradford isn't a ghetto hellhole, you just don't want to be walking through most areas at night (or even day, on your own, in some areas) or you are likely to have a lot of problems.
The 1 year left on uni is the real reason in my opinion. I changed unis after 2nd year and I had to make up a lot of courses that didn't transfer over, it sucked, so I empathize with that.
You're right it's not wise for a chick to do the things I've done, that's a separate issue altogether but I think with a little more money, say 3000$ instead of 50$ then I think it could be done.
Friends and family is a tough one, some people have difficulty with that, I make lots of friends quickly wherever I go and keep my old friends relatively well, whenever I visit wherever I used to live it's like we pick up where we left off. I've moved so many times, I think I actually enjoy the whole process of making new friends.

I sincerely hope that you don't let any of those reasons hold you back after you finish uni, get a job elsewhere for sure.

You say it's not a ghetto hellhole but I find it very hard for anyone to justify living in a place where there might not feel safe. It's like self persecution, in vain. Aside from the almost done school part, but in a year it goes from smart to foolish to be there I think.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.