View Single Post
(#25 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-25-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuurui View Post
Ah you know the scary masses with hello kitty and plush toys around their phones in numbers that could scare the pants out of Chinese army, clothes on birds in their late 20s that fit teenagers coming through the disaster of puberty, etc.
Masses? I am not sure where you see "masses" of them, but I am familiar with kawaii as a style that some young women are attracted to. Looking at women in their 20s I think it would be hard to say most, or even a majority, are still into Hello Kitty and kawaii style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuurui View Post
I must say though that last summer I have noticed a slight change in global fashion (in Tokyo), yet again like mindless a skull of fish they have all switched to shorts high heal boots and miniskirts now. Its the similar pattern to "oh no my neighbour's kid learns the violin so mine has to do it too asap".

All that clapping hands like baby seals on crack because a neighbour got a minipitbull made by Sony, or girls acting like they were weaker than dried petals of falling sakura in their late 80s. Nahmsaying?

Wasn't that Eisenhower who said that Japanese should be treated like their 12 yo? Girls act that way because Japanese men require it, being pertified by a sight of independent women. I am talking about general pattern, not every single Japanese girl that lives. If it was so it would be an epidemy.
It sounds like you are the one in need of a vacation. I am sensing Japan burnout.

Most Japanese men I know find that high voice cutesy stuff pretty annoying. I guess it depends on the circles you run around in.