Thread: Tale of Storys.
View Single Post
(#650 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

Tatsu : A New Development - 02-27-2011, 04:11 AM

I made my way to the heart of Shinkirou where the flames were most prevalent. The town square, and the governor's residence were relatively intact. A few split beams and several collapsed arches had fallen into the streets. There were still no signs of life. I halted my advance by a low brick wall. A few abandoned carts, and jugs cluttered my path. At the far end of the square rubble obstructed all passage. I could see some mangled corpses of soldiers and mages alike. From where I was standing I could tell that their wounds were inflicted by Swiftant's weaponry...

I proceeded slowly towards the governor's personal gardens, based on the current state of the structure, it was possible that there may be a survivor inside. At the threshold of the antechamber, I made out a faint cry. I could barely make out the voice over the roar of the flames. It would be impossible to traverse this area under such conditions. I would have to exhaust these flames before I could investigate further. I reached into my pouch and slipped out a piece of parchment, I was preparing to write out a water spell, but when I grabbed for the parchment, the page had disintegrated in my grasp. I was stunned by this, I couldn't quite understand. Something like this had never occurred before. Even if the parchment was faulty, it would simply fail to conjure a spell, but this, turned to ash? Why?

Could it be possible that my powers have evolved again, and my magical-might was overbearing for just a simple medium? Was it possible that my magics were restored?

I decided to conduct a test. On my palm, I wrote the character for the water spell, I then clasped my hands together, in between the crevices of my fingers, a blue light began to resonate. I released my grasp, and a volley of water shot forward toward that raging fire. The flames hissed and quickly turned to mist under the rapidly spreading waves. This surge of power thrilled me, I so effortlessly extinguished those flames. It would have taken me two, or three parchments with advanced spells to put out all that so quickly. Having consumed Yogensha, it would seem that my latent powers have been unleashed, and they have tripled, at least. My current findings could wait, I had more pressing matters to see to. With a course now laid out, I moved hastily into the gardens. I followed the voice to destroyed stairwell. “Hey! Are you in there?!” I shouted out, cupping my hands around my mouth to amplify my voice.

“Yes, yes, I'm in here! Quick, please, I can't move...” The voice was of a man

“Just hang on, I'll get you out!” I took up Sora and clutched the hilt tight, I released a portion of my energy into the sword. The blade pulsated with a warm yellow glow. Thus endowed, Sora sliced through those metal stone slabs with ease. Once the path was cleared I made my way down to a small room inside a middle-aged man was trapped in a corner with a large column over his leg.

“Please, please help,” he cried out. “It's most surely broken.”

I raised Sora and chopped away that fallen pillar. “Here, let me help.” I lifted him onto a platform. “Yes, it is indeed broken, I am no medic but I know basic first-aid, let's tend to that.”

“Much thanks,” the man sighed.

“Who are you anyways?” I stated.

“I am, well-was, the governor of Shinkirou, not much felt of a city to govern....”