Thread: Adornments
View Single Post
(#41 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
02-28-2011, 07:37 PM

Ok, I know this sounds like an old fuddy-duddy, but other than Tipsygypsy mentioning the pain level for an eyebrow, there are some things to consider about piercings besides how cool they will look. I am not saying do not get them (I have really enjoyed some of my partners' piercings) just consider all sides of the issues before you do it. I am only going to discuss the one's mentioned so far, but you are welcome to PM me you have any other questions.

Lip & toungue piercings: No much risk, except it can be really hard to keep clean till it heals and if the jewelry hits your teeth, I hope you have good dental insurance. Eventually it will start to damage the enamel.

Belly-button piercings: Often because the placement tends to be in a location where the constant irritation from clothing makes the body work to shed the piercing. It is the most common piercing to migrate until the hole is gone.

Nose: Nostrils, no risk, just can get messy sometimes. However a septum piercing is reknown for being one of the most painful piercings on the human body.

Eyebrows: While this seems simple, it is one of the most dangerous facial piercing done today. Placement could damage nerves critical to the function of your eyelid. If the piercing hits any of these nerves, you could permanently lose control of opening and closing your eyes. It doesn't happen often, but how well you trust your luck? I have seen this happen and its really sad.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.