Thread: PS3 VS Wii
View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
kainpendragon (Offline)
JF's Ero Sennin

Send a message via AIM to kainpendragon Send a message via MSN to kainpendragon Send a message via Yahoo to kainpendragon
11-17-2006, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazypete View Post
tomorrow is the launch of the PS3...my suggestion..let me give you guys some info...originally supposed to be 400,000 Units shipped to the U.S it is now 150,000 units... why you ask?

1. system kept on over heating(no surprise)
2. controllers were starting to suck
3. the backwards compatibility of it SUCKS basically you can play the PS1 and PS2 games, but you would not be able to see them and 4. is why
4. IGN: Sony's Grave Error: The $499 HDMI-Lacking PS3.
5. let's see a PS2=$600 warranty: son of a$@# $100 game: 60 bucks: memory card: it better be at least $40>_<.. you're looking at paying about $800 dollars

the Wii? 4 million are coming here so don't worry ppl you'll definitely get one.... the games are awesome and i've played Excite Truck for it.. it rocks!!! another thing... it IS backwards compatable.. and you can create your own "Mii" which is basically a version of yourself on the console... surf the interner if u have WiFi and also add pictures to it.. and price?

Wii console: $250
games: $50
warranty: $40
don't know if u need mem card or not...but in all you're looking at about $350.... see the difference? ppl.. you know PS3 will probabaly go down..so do me a favor..stick with the Wii..
Thanks for the info pete. I been telling people to forget the PS3 at least a year before even thinking about it. gives time for them to produce more and fix the bugs out of it. Over heating is going to be a issuse with all these new systems because they let artist who know nothing about computers come up with the visual image of it then the CO comes out and says i want it looking just like that. then engineers say ok we can do it and they for get about heat issuse and go we can put this here and here and here.

you should not need a memory card with the PS3 it comes with a hard disk stuff should save there.

The wii is going to be a great system and fun the games will be cheeper they are going to sell retro games for from NES and SNES for it for very cheep. It just not a powerful system. these company got to relize yeah want better graphics but not at the cost of games beeing dull and no fun the eyecady effect quickly wears off after 2 months.

I think they went against HDMI because the cables cost a arm and a leg at retailers your talking $40 to $130 for one of those cables. also by doing this it gave another option to let people use the PS3. thru high def cables. I think they stuck with there unverasl connection in the back can you confirm this pete. if they did it should take all kinds of cables including a HDMI. oh and just to let everyone know HDMI is not all it cracked up to be it great for computers but shitty for TV stuff High Def cable seem to offer better resultion rate. all good thing about HDMI you don't need audio cables.

There are 3 kinds of perverts in this world
1. Those that hid it.
2. Those that accpect.
3. Those that are Ero Sennin