View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-07-2011, 03:57 AM

Flags are the emotional core of people, both pro and con. Particularly in reguards to warfare between nations. However, I won't begrudge someone thier history just because I may or maynot have a favorable opion on a said flag. I am not overly fond of the USSR flag, but I won't deny somebody the right to fly and or use it. Perhaps they had a father or someone fight for that flag, who am I to say.

Many of the flags in the world have been fought for and against..much blood has been shed either defending them or trying to dislodge them. In reguards to useing the riseing sun flag for art design..know the audiance you wish to sell too.

MMM mentioned the Confederate flag from the US civil war..even though the stars and bars is actually the confederate battle banner, not the actual confederate flag. Still, useing that flag in the states depends wholly on the audiance you wish to cater too. Son's of the Confederacy is prolly a positive location for such a flag....the national meeting of the NAACP..prolly not so much....

Like the photgraph of the Navy ships showing a Japanese ship and an American ship in the same fleet. 70 years ago they would have been in apposeing fleets, so how a flag is viewed can change with time.