(#9 (permalink))
Old
Sparky777 (Offline)
New to JF

03-08-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
Pete,

I didn't really mean to say you are flawed. I just didn't want to think that packing up and moving to a foreign land would be your answer to life's woes. A change of pace is nice and if that's the encouragement you need, then I hope things go well for you. I'm not a good source of information and as such, I can't offer much advice, but whatever it is, it's heartfelt.

Perhaps you can use the 1-2 month stay there as a dress rehearsal. Instead of a hotel, get yourself a rental apartment so you actually have to buy groceries, do your own laundry, etc. That way you can get a feel for what it entails. I don't know where to look for such places, but a google search or even threads here may have a link or two!

Glad you're here and let us know how it's going!
Thanks, I totally understood what you meant about people who are flawed and think "I just need to get away" maybe things will be better, I have met many people like this, and things never turn out, but it was a point that was needed to be touched on. I never thought of questions like that so i took a bit of time to reflect upon this and asked myself why i really want to do it, just to eliminate this possibility! Turns out that I want this for opposite reasons than the negative so I may have a chance!

I think again its definitely right that I do it the right way so one of my questions has definitely been answered, when I am ready, I will take 3 months out like a holiday and try rent an apartment in one of the quieter,, local districts where I have to make a go of hings, i.e. not rely on all the technology and appliances, have to organise transport myself and try to mix in with the locals to the best I can. I will also try for jobs as a practice when out there, who knows I may become successful and it will start from there, and the ultimate If I dont like it I can then concentrate the remainder of the time just to experience the rest of my time as a tourist and enjoy it.

Ultimately I would like to live with one of the local familys in a shared house type accommodation, if this is such an option?

Once agin many thanks for your time and input!

Pete