View Single Post
(#10 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-08-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky777 View Post
only part that concerns me is the bugs! I dont mind eating them, had plenty whilst in china but they were on a plate! When theyre huge and crawling all over you and just in close proximity that I guess could be my biggest obstacle and one to overcome quickly!
They're not so much crawling all over you. It's more like.. you're walking down a nice quiet road and you hear what sounds like helicopter coming over your head, then you see a wasp the size of the palm of your hand fly over you. I used to hate wasps, but I'm no longer scared of them after experiencing the giant ones in Japan.

I had also never seen cockroach before visiting Japan. That freaked me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky777 View Post
If you dont mind me asking, allthough you mentioned you stayed for 2 months in Japan, do you plan on returing? And are you keeping up with your study of the language?
I still study Japanese where and when I can but I'm in and ammongst my final year of Uni doing my dissertation ontop of working 3 jobs... so it kind of gets pushed to the back of the to do list. I listen to audio lessons when I'm driving around and I sometimes have Japanese language audio on my "sound asleep" pillow, just incase. But anything like videogames, facebook etc are always done in Japanese to keep me in touch.

I'd love to go back, I've even been offered a job there once I've finished my NQT year, but I'm not sure I could live there full time. Once the amazing becomes the normal, is it still so amazing?

Top tip: take some sun lotion with you as they don't really sell it in Japan, and where they do, it's always less than 100ml bottle and it works out about 7 quid a pop. If you're a true Yorkshire-man like me, You'll begrudge handing that over lol. I'd rather burn

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me