View Single Post
(#28 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-09-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
I totally agree with Dogs on this. How do you know it's real unless you've met them? You don't know if you can cope with their annoying bad habits, or if you can stand certain physical qualities they may have, or if you're truly compatible. I know it may sound cynical to some, but you really need to see a person in real life in order to get to know them.

I mean I've known one of my best friends for ten years - she's like a sister to me - and I spent a week living with her on holiday, and even though I love her I still was grateful it was only a week and not two. You see a side to someone in real life that you don't see online, a whole other side to them living with them that you don't see just hanging out. It turns out I'm pretty anal with chores, which drove her mad, and likewise her lax nature with 'I'll do it in a moment' drove me mad too. We still adore one another, but we couldn't really live together for too long, we're just too different.

You can know someone your whole life and not truly know them in a real sense, so if you're miles apart and haven't ever truly met then you're knowledge of a person is pretty low in my opinion. You could be in for a lot of heartache if you invest so much so early. Wait a while, meet in person, and then judge if it's real or not.
everything u say is so true robin. many friendships can be broken up during holidays together.

i think we can so easily fool ourselves but the test is living together. we all have our own way of doing things that can really irritate the other person