View Single Post
(#11 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-09-2011, 02:19 PM

I know it is a real issue, any product that can damage a person's health is a product that shouldn't really be on the market . . . but - to be honest - I doubt this topic will get much sympathy, or that anyone will care.

I don't say this to be harsh, but simply it seems generally that western society and culture is very much against smokers and smoking. Smokers are pretty much a minority, I read a statistic the other day that 22% of people smoke, which is less than a quarter, and the government only today has announced new measures to tackle it. It's seen as a social problem. Then there's the general mentality of 'if people want to do damage to their bodies anyway then why should I care if they eventually do get damaged, they brought it upon themselves'.

I hadn't actually heard of these 'fake' cigerettes until you mentioned them, and - yes - smokers need to be careful, but if they don't care about cancers and diseases that they inflict upon themselves why would anyone care about the ammount of lead that they could potentially take? The smokers take a risk every day, this is just one more risk.