View Single Post
(#283 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-09-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt2fat View Post
..iv now been living and working here for 7months! the first month was mindblowing..i couldnt stop noticing all the super huge differences between both cultures..it was novelty just to take a poo...i was in awe..then, the next four months i (with my mind already blown) couldnt stop picking out the bad things about japan..to be honest..i was unhappy and just wanted to go home!

it was at the 5month mark where i had to choose whether or not to extend my visa a further 6months..i bit the bullet and decided to stay...now at 7months i cant believe i ever thought the way i did! i dont know exacly why i had such feelings and why i feel different about japan now but i feel as if i jumped over some sort of hurdle..i still have my days but overall, im super happy to be here!
That's pretty common... for some people that feeling comes after a month and lasts a little while, for others it may come after a couple years and last even longer. We call it "Japan burnout" and have seen it time and time again.