View Single Post
(#291 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-10-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
I think the key isn`t the environment, but the family backup and support. Perhaps things would be different if the network of family and friends was based in Japan.
As it is, it seems that GoNative`s wife wants to be close to family for reasons related to raising their daughter. No matter how you look at it, that isn`t going to happen in Japan.
That's right Nyororin and to be honest I will also appreciate some family help now and again. My wife and I (and daughter) recently went back to Aus to finalise the purchase of the house we will be moving to and we got to spend a whole day together whilst grandma got to look after our daughter. It was one of the first days we had together without our daughter in nearly 2 years. It was great! Having family around to help with things will be really, really nice.
I am keeping some business interests going in Japan so I will be heading back on a reasonably frequent basis and can claim each trip as a business expense!
And we are moving to a beautiful little country town on the coast. We are only about a 5 minute walk to a surf beach and there's also an inlet that will be great for my kayaking. So it won't be all that hard to adjust to. Trading in a snow lifestyle for a beach one. Life is just so hard...