View Single Post
(#292 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-10-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
Yeah, poisonous snakes, jumping spiders, floods, and other recent natural disaster . . .

In all seriousness though, GoNative, wouldn't Japan be a better place to live than Australia, as far as raising a family goes? I suppose each country has its pros and cons, and Australia does have more space and a laid-back attitude, which is great with children, none of that hustle-and-bustle or cramped atmosphere . . . but at the same time doesn't Japan have lower crime rates and lower cost of living? There are quite a few countries I would say are perhaps 'better' to live in with children, but I wouldn't say Australia is one (as wonderful and varied as it is).

surely gonative loves the snow filled mountains. i was under the impression that australia was a land of opportunity. house prices have rocketed i believe.

fires can be a constant battle. as britain sent loads of child migrants out there--- maybe they thought it would be good place to live. personally i could not live in the heat but britain sent sent its convicts out there originally

certainly their wildlife is unique. any australians i have met have been really friendly and outgoing