View Single Post
(#294 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-11-2011, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
surely gonative loves the snow filled mountains. i was under the impression that australia was a land of opportunity. house prices have rocketed i believe.

fires can be a constant battle. as britain sent loads of child migrants out there--- maybe they thought it would be good place to live. personally i could not live in the heat but britain sent sent its convicts out there originally

certainly their wildlife is unique. any australians i have met have been really friendly and outgoing
dogsbody Australia is a huge country. I think the UK could fit into Victoria which is the smallest of our mainland states. The whole of Europe could nearly fit into just the state of Western Australia. There is also huge differences in climate, it's not all blisteringly hot deserts. We do have quite a few ski resorts in Australia you know! Where I will be living down on the southern coast in Victoria the summers aren't any hotter than what we have up here in Hokkaido but the winters are defintiely not as cold or snowy. The Australian economy is currently booming fuelled by our abundance of natural resources and China's almost insatiable need for them. Australia is a very expensive place to live now though, far more expensive than here in Hokkaido which I'm not exactly looking forward to but the quality of life in a little coastal town will be pretty nice. The population is only a little over 4,000 which is quite a bit smaller than here in Kutchan which has a population of 15,000. I like small towns.

Last edited by GoNative : 03-11-2011 at 03:08 AM.