View Single Post
(#299 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-11-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
dogsbody Australia is a huge country. I think the UK could fit into Victoria which is the smallest of our mainland states. The whole of Europe could nearly fit into just the state of Western Australia. There is also huge differences in climate, it's not all blisteringly hot deserts. We do have quite a few ski resorts in Australia you know! Where I will be living down on the southern coast in Victoria the summers aren't any hotter than what we have up here in Hokkaido but the winters are defintiely not as cold or snowy. The Australian economy is currently booming fuelled by our abundance of natural resources and China's almost insatiable need for them. Australia is a very expensive place to live now though, far more expensive than here in Hokkaido which I'm not exactly looking forward to but the quality of life in a little coastal town will be pretty nice. The population is only a little over 4,000 which is quite a bit smaller than here in Kutchan which has a population of 15,000. I like small towns.

thanks gonative. i almost migrated there when there was the ten pound trip offer from the uk. then i heard that in perth it was really hot and about scary animals-- lol-- so chickened out.

it does seem to be a great country though. i guess it depends where one lives. i would love to visit.