View Single Post
(#16 (permalink))
Old
kouichisan (Offline)
おす!

03-14-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umihito View Post
I am sad about the disaster that happened.

But what I am just as sad about is the fact that Japanophiles/Otaku/Weeaboos are mourning this disaster for all the wrong reasons. I have seen many, MANY people all over the internet (Youtube, Facebook, you name it), and they're ONLY mourning the disaster JUST because it's Japan.
They would show NO such sympathy for anywhere else such as Haiti or New Zealand. It really worries me, there's no other words for it. :/

In the rarer worst cases, there have been around 300 comments of people wondering, and being most concerned about, Hatsune Miku, a Vocaloid being alright. They actually said they thought about her first. Whether they were joking or not is taking it too far.

So have you experienced these people a lot lately? Are more people concerned about Japan because of their obsession with it rather than actual concern for the people? I can say these kinds of people have been in the majority for me.
Second is Christians praying (of course there's nothing wrong with this), third is jokers, and fourth is people who actually seem concerned about the people rather than the country.
It doesn't matter for what reason they care, Japan has impacted their lives in some way that makes them want to care. But, if similar incidents occur in other countries from now, they may feel more sympathy toward them.

It's true, they should care about the people, and care for the right reasons regardless which country. But the reality is some people are ignorant and don't care about other countries because of prejudice or for whatever other reason they have.