View Single Post
(#16 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-15-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejeanslady View Post
its really no problem because japan people are disciplineated ... so take the 80 airbus worldwide, take 1000 people inside, 500 up and the 500 men in freigth room, take off from tokio and osaka, so every three minute one can start and land ... so 10 million in 4 days is no problem ... and in this area ask every family to take one or more person in their familiy .. and every problem is solved ... in osaka you can take name, picture, finger print, birth day, former adress, guest family ... in a database and later on you can open this to internet and everybody will find together who is alive ... i donnot understand where the problem should be ... there is only one problem, in your mind or head - its a question of your horizont ... everything is possible if you start to do .. but doing nothing is poor ... it is equal how many lifes you safe, the first life you safe is better than nothing ...
Sigh, I don't know why I bother sometimes . . .

You can't just move a population from a country. You need money for plane fuel, pilots, planes, landing permission, places to land . . . assuming you could do all this, then you suggest every family takes in one person. That means seperating parents from children, husbands from wives, and what if a family can't afford to do such a thing? Not everyone is going to want to take in a complete stranger. Then who goes where? Do we send some to France and some to America? How will these people meet up again afterwards? Not everyone in Japan speaks a foriegn language, how will they survive abroad? You want them all to give details in a database - how will you get them all to Osaka, accomodate them, and get them out the country again?

Even if you aren't talking about a whole country - just the Tohoku region - these issues are still applicable for the most part. What you suggest is as ridiculous as saying "everyone in Africa is hungry, let's all pay $10 each and buy them a meal each, that will solve everything". The world isn't black-and-white. Problems are hugely complex and cannot be solved so simply.

I shall be rude and ask you to not to be so naive.